Outstanding Student Nurse Award
Main Prize: Travel scholarship funding of £1,500 (tailored to your studies)
Runner Up Prize: Laptop or Tablet
Five finalists from this category will be invited to the Cavell Nurses' Trust Awards Ceremony where winners will be announced.
The Outstanding Student Nurse Award is open to students from any branch of nursing and recognises the enthusiasm and passion that students bring to nursing.
To enter this award you must describe in a 500 - 1,000 word personal statement how you have demonstrated outstanding nursing care through the following criteria:
You should be able to demonstrate:
- A broad knowledge of your area of nursing including clinical skills, treatments and an outstanding academic record.
- Care, compassion and competence both in your academic work and on placement.
- That your academic work that is consistently above expectations for you as an individual.
- Your contribution to quality of care and improved patient care.
- An ability to develop relationships with patients and colleagues, by listening, communicating and responding to their needs
- Confidence to question practice and willingness to reflect upon your own practice
Don’t forget to include examples from your academic and personal life as well as time spent on placements/work experience!
- Application must be made by an individual, unfortunately we can't accept nominations
- You must be a nursing student studying on one of the following courses:
- Year 2 and 3 BSc nursing students
- Students on Year 2 of a Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing
- Students on a MNurs (Integrated Masters) pre-registration programme
- Post-graduate students (whose courses have the option of a travel placement)
- A supporting statement from a university tutor/mentor will be requested for each shortlisted student
- Before entering, please read our Terms and Conditions