Outstanding Academic Achievement Award
Main Prize: Travel scholarship funding of £1,500 (tailored to your studies)
Runner Up Prize: Laptop or Tablet
Five finalists from this category will be invited to the Cavell Nurses' Trust Awards Ceremony where winners will be announced.
The Outstanding Academic Achievement Award is presented to nursing and midwifery students who demonstrate that they have gone above and beyond in their studies.
To enter this award you must describe in a 500-1000 word personal statement how you meet the following award criteria:
You should be able to demonstrate:
- How you strive to acquire new knowledge and incorporate this into your practice environment in order to achieve an excellent grade/mark.
- Outstanding performance in examinations and will have produced high quality projects or a thesis within your nursing/midwifery studies.
- Strong leadership and communication skills within your academic studies.
- Best practice used within your academic studies.
Don’t forget to include examples of your performance in examinations and any noteworthy pieces of work that you have produced.
- Application must be made by an individual, unfortunately we can't accept nominations
- You must be a nursing or midwifery student studying on one of the following courses:
- Year 2 and 3 BSc nursing students
- Students on Year 2 of a Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing
- Students on a MNurs (Integrated Masters) pre-registration programme
- Year 2 and 3 BSc midwifery students
- Midwifery students on an 18 month programme
- Post-graduate students (whose courses have the option of a travel placement)
- A supporting statement from a university tutor/mentor will be requested for each shortlisted student
- Before entering, please read our Terms and Conditions