Outstanding QARANC Reservist Clinical Professional Development Award
Main Prize: Professional development funding of £2,000
(to be agreed with your Reserve unit)
Runner Up Prize: Laptop or Tablet
Five finalists from this category will be invited to attend the Cavell Nurses' Trust Awards Ceremony in Central London.
The Outstanding QARANC Reservist Clinical Professional Development Award is open to QARANC Reserve personnel who are trained soldiers/officers with a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience. The award recognises an individual’s commitment to clinical professional development for themselves or a team in the Army Reserve.
Overall the candidate should have demonstrated an outstanding professional attitude as a member of the QARANC Reserve; acted as an advocate for clinical professional development and as a role model to others; and demonstrated a sustained commitment to advancing CPD in themselves and/or the Army Medical Services.
Applicants must submit a personal statement (between 500 – 1000 words) using the criteria below and include any examples from their academic/military/work/personal life that they feel would demonstrate why they should win this particular award.
Please read the information below carefully, in order to be shortlisted you must demonstrate clearly how you meet the following criteria:
- Applicant strives to improve care for patients through clinical professional development in some capacity or extending beyond the programme i.e. attendance at outside study days/conferences and using this to enhance practice.
- Applicant may be a member of professional support groups and/or have involvement with local projects which impact upon practice.
- Applicant may have achieved an outstanding performance on a clinical professional development course during the year.
- Applicant may have delivered an outstanding contribution to the clinical professional development of others during the year.
- Applicant demonstrates an ability to balance educational and military commitments.
- Applicant is motivated, with an ability to develop relationships with patients and colleagues, by listening, communicating and responding to their needs.
- Applicant has good knowledge of clinical skills and conditions in relation to patient care with an outstanding academic record.
- Applicant has the confidence to question practice and willingness to reflect upon their own practice.
- Application entries are made by the individual via the Cavell Nurses’ Trust website.
- Applications are open to practicing members of the QARANC Reserve who have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the following trades of the Army Medical Services Reserve.
- Registered Nurse (Adult).
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- Healthcare Assistant.
- Each applicant will require a supporting statement from the military Chain of Command which focuses on performance in the Army Reserve, with particular emphasis on their involvement in and contribution towards clinical professional development.
- A supporting statement from a course tutor/mentor will be requested for each shortlisted applicant. (Sufficiently detailed narrative course reports may suffice.)
- Before entering, please read our Terms and Conditions